Firmware on the H3, H2, M2, Hammer and Magnus can be updated wirelessly when new firmware releases are available. To enjoy the full capabilities of the smart trainers, including ongoing enhancements and Over-the-Air firmware updates you must download the Saris App from the Apple App Store or Android Play.
Please note that the Hammer and Magnus have sleep timers, so be sure that your trainer has not fallen asleep by giving it a spin and ensuring its blue indicator light is blinking prior to starting the update. For further questions regarding the firmware update process please contact our Customer Support Team.
1. Open the Saris App and select "Update Firmware"
2. A device scan will begin. To be found by the Saris app, your trainer must be plugged in and awake, as indicated by a flashing light within the trainer.
3. Once the trainer is found, it will show in the Device list. Tap on the trainer name to check for available updates.
4. If new firmware is available, an "Update Firmware" button will appear, along with release notes. To begin update, select "Update Firmware".
5. Select "Update Firmware" to begin update. Once selected, the updates will be applied automatically. Note: do not unplug the trainer or force quit the app as this may cause the firmware update to fail.
Know No Bounds
Stay up on the latest from Saris HQ, including product news and inspiration on how to ride without limits.