Below are step-by-step instructions for how to update the firmware on your Over the Air (OTA) capable CycleOps product via Bluetooth using Rouvy installed on your Android Tablet/Mobile device.
- Download and install Rouvy from the Google Play store.
- Before continuing, ensure that you have the Bluetooth on your Tablet/Mobile device turned on.
- Open the Rouvy Application.
- Log in to Rouvy. Don’t have a login? Click Signup to create a free account.
- Open the Menu
- Tap Settings
- Tap Virtual Bike
- Tap Select to choose your type of trainer.
- In this example, we are updating the Firmware on a Magnus trainer, so we selected CycleOps Magnus.
- Rouvy will now begin searching for your device, ensure that it’s plugged in and transmitting now. This may require you to pedal the bike to ensure your trainer is awake.
- Once your device is found it’ll show up as connected.
IMPORTANT: Make sure the sensor has the Bluetooth icon next to it, not the ANT+ icon.
- Now tap the connected device to continue.
- This screen displays device information and will let you know if you have a firmware update available. If an update is available for your device tap Update Available.
- You will see a list of all the changes the firmware update will apply. Tap Update Firmware to begin the update.
- Sit back and let the magic happen. It’s important that during the update that you not exit the Rouvy app or power off your tablet/mobile device.
- Once completed the detail screen will now show that the firmware is up to date.
** Please note that the most trainers have sleep timers, so be sure that your device has not fallen asleep by pedaling the bike to ensure its awake before starting the update.
For further questions regarding the firmware update process please contact our Customer Support Team.